Wolfeboro stands alone from most summer academic programs retaining only proven, experienced teachers from highly respected schools. Teacher retention typically and proudly exceeds 90%.
Wolfeboro hires personnel each summer in two separate categories: Teaching Faculty and Residential Advisors. Teaching Faculty are veteran teachers with a minimum of five (5) years of classroom experience. Residential Advisors are early career teachers, aspiring teachers, recent college graduates as well as rising college juniors or seniors.
By policy, Wolfeboro only hires teachers with considerable classroom experience and documented performance. While the vast majority of our teachers return summer after summer, in any given year, we may have an opening in English, ESL, or Mathematics and occasionally in other subjects as well.
Teacher candidates should meet the following criteria:
- At least five (5) years of full-time classroom teaching experience
- Experience teaching in independent boarding or day school preferred
Hundreds of career educators have launched their careers at Wolfeboro serving as a residential advisor. Many of these professionals now serve in leadership positions--including Head of School--throughout the independent school world. Considered as prime professional training for aspiring or young teachers, paid internships at Wolfeboro are perfect for the college student seeking experience and intensive professional growth.
Qualified candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 21 years old as of July 2024
- Completed a minimum two years of college or university (three years or more preferred)
- Have a background in working with children (not required, but preferred)
- Have experience in one or more of the following: athletics, lifeguarding, swimming, sailing, theater, singing, dance
Interested candidates should email a completed application and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact Mr. Bob Hyjek, Associate Head of School, at (603) 569-3451 or at email@example.com.