To strengthen study skills, confidence and academic independence while building academic skills in preparation for the next school year.
In 1910, several teachers from The Hill School (PA) purchased the Rust family farm in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire and established a summer academic program. This acquisition launched Wolfeboro's 110-year legacy.
In 1977, Wolfeboro was reorganized by educators long associated with the School and incorporated as a nonprofit, unaffiliated with any other school. Included was Mr. William Cooper, then a teacher at Trinity-Pawling School (NY) and at Wolfeboro. Mr. Cooper agreed to lead the School for one year. He retired in 2005 after a 29-year tenure as Wolfeboro's Head of School and continues to serve on the Board of Trustees.
Blending the best of a school and a camp, the magic of Wolfeboro is designed for students, but also for the dedicated faculty who find fulfillment in returning year after year. Fortunate students and faculty from across the United States and around the world share this seasonal treasure each summer.