Mission & History
Wolfeboro Camp School equips students with tools for academic success, cultivates self-confidence, and nurtures a lifelong sense of community and belonging.
Wolfeboro Camp School History
In 1910, several teachers from The Hill School (PA) purchased the Rust family farm in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire and established a summer academic program. This acquisition launched Wolfeboro's 114-year legacy.
In 1977, Wolfeboro was reorganized by educators long associated with the School and incorporated as a nonprofit, unaffiliated with any other school. Included was Mr. William Cooper, then a teacher at Trinity-Pawling School (NY) and at Wolfeboro. Mr. Cooper agreed to lead the School for one year. He retired in 2005 after a 29-year tenure as Wolfeboro's Head of School.
Blending the best of a school and a camp, the magic of Wolfeboro is designed for students, but also for the dedicated faculty who find fulfillment in returning year after year. Fortunate students and faculty from across the United States and around the world share this seasonal treasure each summer.